Numbers and development of the epidemics
As of 18th Juen, the numbers are as follows:
• Confirmed overall cases: 17.151
• Currently active cases: 434
• Deaths: 688
• Recovered: 16.101
• Hospitalised: 71
• Intensive care units: 8
• Tests: 545.927
The percentage of infection among the general population (prevalence), with an assumption of unreported cases of 235%, is 0,65%.
Find out more in the Dashboard of the Austria Ministry of Health.
Plan for re-opening
• On 29 May gyms, thermal baths, outdoor pools, hotels, guest houses, campsites and cinemas are open again.
• From 16 June, the borders with 31 European countries are open. This means that entry into Austria is again allowed without quarantine.
• Austrian Airlines resumed flight operations on 15 June.
• The mask requirements were eased on 15 June. Face masks are still required in some health stores (such as pharmacies) or in places where the 1-meter distance cannot be maintained.
Visit this page to know more about the Austrian social and economic response to the Covid-19 epidemic.